Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

Let’s hope, they come up with something fast. If and when that happens, I will make sure Cupid has more than 5% allocation in my portfolio. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Promoters are purchasing shares from open market
https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/CF515A4E_9746_406B_9261_F3B22CAB058C_152902.pdf

1 Like

Why did promoters buy such a small quantity (around 18L rupees)? May be promoter is trying to signal the market that valuation is cheap? Also, I thought promoter can increase 5% stake before he is expected to report to exchanges.

Cupid insider trade: Acquisition of 11,993 equity shares worth Rs 15.46 lacs by promoter & directors

This is honestly confusing to me, because Mr. Garg admitted that he’s not much interested in running the business anymore. He even sold a small quantity of his holdings one or two years back, if I’m not wrong.

Reinvigorated interest in the company? Anyway, the acquisition shows that he’s at least more interested in the affairs of the business than he’s letting on.

He sold 4 lakh shares at 330 apiece for about 13 crores 2 years back in the bull run and now he has spent roughly 2% of that money (about 30 lakhs) for some cheap signaling. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

The issue is that those invested in the counter are starved and thirsty for a move, given the recent financial and stock price performance.

There is only one way… performance.

I have always been advocating that we should take the management words only at 50% and be sceptical all the time. The balance sheet does offer some respite, but without an energetic CEO or aquisition by a larger fish, I doubt if we will see anything noteworthy.

Hope in q4 they do at least 30 crores topline. I surely wouldn’t consider 40, 50 crores etc. Incase they do those numbers, nothing like it.

The order book of 130 doesn’t look crystal clear or achieved business. Part of it seems a probability.

3 Likes

Hi, I started tracking cupid recently and i listen to the last con call. I dont find current CEO energetic and dont know the long term future(3-5 year) of the company. I looked at the financials and found numbers interesting - low debt, good ROE and ROCE. But CEO energy and low promoter holding is a concern. Request people who are tracking to closely to provide their opinion on future growth of the company

It’s not even been a year.

4 Likes

Any insider trades reported today?

1 Like

Overall trading volumes are high but delivery % is low indicating speculative positions.

1 Like

Check out the revamped website of Cupid, it’s impressive and current.

I wonder who’s driving the show over there.

3 Likes

No announcement yet on the board meet. Usually cupid is quicker in this matter.

Last quarter was worst & lot is expected from current… even the big ones pending from Q3… Does the delay means something which markets are not expecting. If it turns out to be true, it will be disaster… let us keep fingers crossed in hope…

Board meeting on 29th for result & dividend

cupid.pdf (64.2 KB)

1 Like

Concall on 30th May

(Results on 29th and Concall on 30th - that’s quick)

Q4 results

cupid_2019.pdf (1.7 MB)

Certain part of orders of previous quarters have got delivered & topline is 37 Cr, but I see a big hit on bottom line (YoY). Need to wait for concall to get more details & reasons behind this.

Agreed. I still think top line should have been higher with Brazlian order etc. Combining Q3 and Q4 they have done 48 cr for H2 which is not bad but profitability has suffered which I believe is mainly driven by MC/FC mix. Lets see what he says tomorrow. But dividend is Rs 3 per share which is nice.

There is an increase of almost 30% in other expenses YoY from 15 Cr to 20 Cr, out of which 8 cr has been incurred in the last Quarter, wondering what are the main components of the other expenses.

the press release mentions that 3cr of inventory was written off as the orders did not materialize and products reached expiry date. This is about 5cr+ in lost sales. So instead of recognizing 2cr of profits we ended up recognizing 3cr of writeoffs. So profit should have actually been at least 4 - 5cr higher. Big impact.

2 Likes

Yes, quite unfortunate. What should have been a ~18% increase in Net Profits ended up being more or less flattish due to the write-off.

But adjusting for this then, the business seems to be on the right track. A couple of important things like capacity addition, entry into new markets etc have taken place. The next couple of years should be interesting.

Surprised Mr. Garg didn’t mention anything about the search for the new CEO. Maybe we’ll get to know tomorrow. Also surprised that they’re holding the concall immediately a day after the results. We’ll see what’s in store.