Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

This order win is not even material to be notified. Don’t they sell B2C?

3 things about female condoms you need to know (because you probably have no idea) https://hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/health-fitness/3-things-about-female-condoms-you-need-to-know/ via @hellogiggles

What’s with management?Can you please let us know?

Analysys by Vijay Malik

1 Like

There are certain aspects, which an investor gets to know upon analysing the company. The company got its shares listed on stock exchanges shortly after its incorporation without the commercial launch of its key product, male condoms. The company invested in a few seemingly real estate companies, where it, later on, wrote off the investment. The company had issued preferential convertible warrants to its promoters, which we believe is not the best of the methods to raise funds in the times of liquidity crunch.

Always good to keep one eye on promoter’s doubtful activities, however, second eye must be on earning growth!. Too much doubting could result into loss of opportunities.
I think Cupid is clear opportunistic bet…If Cupid able to get south African and Brazil female condom tender and US-FDA reclassify the female condom to class-II, Cupid will again show similar price trend as in 2015 after winning south african tender !

At this price, less to lose but more to gain!

Disc: Increased cupid holding at 240 …hence my views are biased !!

https://www.medgadget.com/2018/04/female-condom-market-is-estimated-to-witness-a-cagr-of-15-55-during-the-forecast-period-2017-2023.html
https://www.medgadget.com/2018/04/female-condom-market-is-estimated-to-witness-a-cagr-of-15-55-during-the-forecast-period-2017-2023.html

1 Like

Cupid results are out today dividend of 20% given.

you forgot to mention the results are a bad. significant PAT decline in 4q

2 Likes

cupid resut.pdf (2.2 MB)

Sales is down slightly raw material cost have increased .profit have decreased by almost 50%

Cupid result - poor performance in-spite of lower latex price due to lower revenue from high margin product (female condom) , which promoters claiming due to lower order from south African govt.

Cupid main business is from govt tenders from India and across the world. As govt tenders are not uniform and there always factor of politics in such tenders, it is expected that revenue and profitability is not linear. However, i am just waiting for final outcome of South African new tender, Brazil new tender and US FDA female condom re-classification. My waiting period is till Dec 2018 to decide next step !

3 Likes

Did anyone attend the Concall-Q4? If yes, any main points?

Concall-Q4 transcript - https://www.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/e4ebf186-3aed-464e-8354-f763b947b9e4.pdf

2 Likes

So refreshing to hear honest and straight-forward answers to minority investors’ questions by a CEO. Hope the replacement is just as good.

2 Likes

One of the most hollow guidance. Hope after 3 months they’re not sitting jobless with accumulated inventory, cash drain and no clarity on growth. At this rate, the fair value is 180 or lower

And how many guidandes actually work the actual way the CEO describes in any company? The CEO was very clear about questions on accumulated inventory and orders in the pipeline.

I find it funny that you say they may be jobless in a few months and still go on to “estimate” that the company is valued at Rs. 180. How did you arrive at this Value? I’m most interested in understanding the thought process behind this.

It’s actually very serious; not amusing as you deem it.

My fair value estimate comprises the balance sheet strength, brand value, visibility and certain other factors. If you have a different valuation, plz elaborate your side as well. I honestly don’t know why to offer a higher valuation.

I’m invested and would like to question my belief all the time.

I welcome other thoughts.

We have already crossed halfway of June. . Is there any update on the most awaited South Africa orders?
Its the most important factor for next 3 years.

I recall that the ceo had indicated the tender results to be out by June end or Start of July.(They have conservatively guided for 30% of 120 million strong tender, around the same magnitude as the previous one in 2015)
Yes,this is a make or break event for the company…

Management said they can continue with short term orders for next quarter if nothing is finalized before June end.

1 Like