Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

Then why buy more shares ?

Sorry i misread. I thought you said it won’t increase by 20%

1 Like

They are trying too many things at once, with no clear view on successor. That’s the concern. Also I guess the female condom price is 50 Rs. You can get 5 male condom piece in that I guess. Then why will customer buy it for 50 ?

It is the first order in Malawi, a new geography. The release is to show that and not size of the order

1 Like

Thank you all for the contributions. A great turnaround story from 2014/2015.

With given almost monopolistic position in FC and current and future financials that arise from it, I feel the stock is currently fairly valued. I am not an expert in valuation. But can I ask for help from fellow members on their views on valuation? Also, There was a heavy selling of the positions as per latest AR. I am not sure if I am missing something here.

@RajeevJ, purely guessing you are the same person who appears on last AR. I completely respect your decision of selling off. But would you mind sharing if it was because of any fundamental reasons or purely from booking profits point of view? Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Anybody has full article? Please post here

This is a typical click and bait report by moneylife.in. They write very pedestrian article and provide sexy sounding headline to attract new subscribers through google alerts etc. . I am a subscriber precisely for this reason as they had one interesting headline on a particular stock but the content was absolutely useless. Big fan of Sucheta but this whole stock write up section is avoidable by moneylife.in.

9 Likes

True that! I was interested in one such article and wanted to see the content and subscribe if it was legitimate story. So, asked a friend to share the content, after reading that I got fooled by the headline, it was just the interpretation of pervious quarter nos. of that company which you can get it on Moneycontrol.

1 Like

Cupid has been quietly creeping up & crossed the year’s high.
Not sure what the reason is though ( no official news on any order win at this yet).
At around 400( PE 20) , it would appear that any undervaluation has been removed .
Closely watching this quarter’s management commentary.
Disclosure: Invested

2 Likes

Right, i was precisely wondering why the stock is moving north with this sprint, without any news, block deals, updates. I guess we have to wait for the results and commentary.

2 Likes

Just for sake of discussion, if we can count Cupid as FMCG company, then i would see it is currently at 50% discount value compared to FMCG sector. Anyways, I would agree, fundamentals are good of the company and it is trying to identify space in competive market.

I saw bulk deal details for Cupid, which confirms the sudden spike. Checked on google about the buyer and Mangal Keshav Capital Ltd. is one of the pioneer members of Stock Brokers association Bombay

MANGAL KESHAV CAPITAL LTD* bought 57,005 shares of Cupid Limited at Rs 396.04

I also think its cheap, considering it as FMCG. The company is also building new products slowly in health and hygiene section. If the succession plan
( yet to be known) works well, the next Gen can take it to new heights.

I am not invested - Monitoring closely

Wondering that how a “pioneer” saw the value in this counter on first day, the same was vanished on the second day and sold off 90% of the holding? For me somehow i felt that they pumped the price, expected retail investors to barge in, but nothing happened (could be kind of BTST). Who knows, after all this is market, anything happen with anyone.

PS: I don’t know about Mangal Keshav, if you know about them or if they are trustworthy that they don’t do this kind of pump and dump, I welcome your opinion.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Great finding this article!
I could gather two things from this article,

• the SA tender has not been officially opened yet (management had indicated the tender to be opened in month of December)
    So thats good news as per me.
  • reading between the lines a bit here,the article looks more like a tussle between an ‘activist’ with obvious leanings for cupids competitor ‘fhc’ and the government :grinning:

IMHO, cupid looks set to garner a large portion of the new (&larger) tender this time.
Not sure how the wait for tender news will play out with stock though…

Acceptance and popularity on rising trend

The stock price has been moving 5-10% up and down everyday without any news. What is happening in this stock?

I am waiting for the results as the 3rd quarter is an important one and it would shed some light on the future of the company.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/reports/cupid-press-release-media-release-10714001.html

Cupid had already dropped a lot during the market volatility and now after the results, they’re dumping it further. I guess the day to day investors’ anchor is the last traded price and nothing remotely close to the future cash flows of the company.

I read that Cupid has not spent on awareness of product but getting benefit from FC2 work. In my opinion, the question raised is right.

Disc: Not invested.