Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

@rajpanda
@ash7979
@vnktshb
@Value_Seeker
@v4value

I would like to share my personal view on the concall held by Cupid on 12-05-2016

Although, I havent participated in many concalls until now, yet I would like to put forth my personal observation :

1. The chairman, Mr. Garg, was very forth-coming & dignified in his acceptance to the queries put forward to him. His replies had a tone of modesty & honesty. He tried his best to present a transparent picture of the company, without holding back anything.

2. I was a bit disappointed by the following :

a) Preference ( intentional or unintentional ) to post queries was given by the concall hosting company to the participants belonging to various advisory services, brokerage houses, banks etc., rather than individual investors.

b) The first participant took almost 20-25 minutes with his queries (out of the total 45 minutes allocated for the concall)

c) The queries coming from the participants of institutional investors were very number-centric., rather than business specific.
This gave me a feeling that they didn’t attempt to understand the business model much, but were more focussed on digging the balance sheet & the numbers. Probably they had very recently laid their hands on the annual results & the company’s investor presentation. (like repeated questions on revenues from B2C operations of the company, etc.)

1. The best questions, which were important to understand the company’s future outlook, came in the last couple of minutes from the individual investors. :slight_smile:

2. This, to some extent, further substantiates my faith in Peter Lynch’s words, where he says “The common investor is better placed than the financial wizards, to make long term gains in the stock market”

Would like to hear your views too.

15 Likes

Hi Mukesh

I missed the first 30 mins of the concall.

I got the Chance to ask the 3rd last question my query was about performance of female vs male condom, design usp of the condom and user experience. Unfortunately due to paucity of time could not ask followup questions.

I have asked followup questions via email to investor relations and will post feedback as received.

As a curious investor i make the effort to understand the business at every available opportunity.

I have seen and interacted with insightful analysts too but it takes all kinds to make the world, and sometimes mediocrity denies the opportunity to have optimal and insightful interaction. Thats life!

8 Likes

Cupid Ltd has submitted a copy of Q4 FY16 Eqrnings Conference Call.

http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/2A552F97_3377_48CE_8B91_FCCAB053498C_110619.pdf

2 Likes

Another Press release from Cupid. the cost of Male condom being INR 1.7 was right :slight_smile:

6 Likes

BOB Capital Markets Ltd. has just done a review of Cupid’s Q4 results and they have recommended a BUY on the stock with a revised target of 432.

Cupid Limited has reported its results for Q4FY16. It has posted net sales of Rs.177 mn, a growth of ~35.8%/13.6% YoY/QoQ due to increasing sales of female condom and ongoing order from the National Department of Health, South Africa. EBITDA margin have expanded by ~1629/800 bps YoY/QoQ.

BOB Cupid Q4 Result Review 16.5.16.pdf (748.3 KB)

3 Likes

I do remember when BOB Capital first came out with a Buy recommendation with a target price of Rs. 327/-, how it was largely ridiculed by the investing fraternity! Well, I do believe that we have a few more believers now!

Well done BOB Capital for being one of the early birds!!

4 Likes

Yah, remember that BoB report very fondly :slight_smile:
It was ridiculed for this point mostly and I still have a good laugh about it. It was a very genuine, grounds up overall market potential estimate :smiley:

6 Likes

The IOC will supply 100,000 female condoms out of a total of 450,000 condoms for Rio Olympics. Another indication of female condoms finding greater acceptability as time goes by.

9 Likes

What are the conditions for circuit revision on BSE? I think Cupid is classified in XC group right now. Are there some rules which BSE will review the classification?

Good News for Female Condoms & in turn for Cupid.

Rajeev did you check with Cupid CS, what % of these 100,000 female condoms will be provided by Cupid?

I feel it will be good place to advertise Cupid brand for female condoms made by Cupid & I hope they might be working on these lines:

Disclaimer: Invested with 2nd largest holding for me after Eicher Motors.

Here are new orders cupid received. Please find attached PDF.
Cupid_Orders.pdf (607.4 KB)

4 Likes

The NSE listing should happen anytime now. Once it lists on NSE the 2% circuit is out of the window for good.

3 Likes

I think increasing rubber prices have started affecting Cupid. Price downtrend has started , hitting LC every day for last 2 days…

I doubt it. 2 days LC of 2% is hardly anything in the bigger scheme of things. There is bound to be whipsaw kind of movements within this range given the tight 2% window. Blame it on BSE for still keeping the filters intact. Once the NSE listing happens all this is incosequential.

More than rubber prices, what is more important is new SUBSTANTIAL orders for Cupid. Their order book has to scale up significantly before the market starts to take it more seriously. A 10 crore order now and then doesn’t help much except for some excitement amongst small traders in MMB boards

6 Likes

Dated but insightful (about the Jockey)
http://omadventuresinlife.blogspot.kr/

1 Like

Intimation Regarding Analyst / Institutional Investors Meet

http://www.bseindia.com/corporates/anndet_new.aspx?newsid=8f8852eb-e2fe-4c54-876d-faccb27b2939

1 Like

Is it possible for us to get the transcript of the same ?

Individual investors are listed in the second last category. Is it invitation based or anyone can join in that slot?

@aashish2137

I personally feel that the company has deliberately kept the individual investors out of this meet.

Couple of reasons why i feel that :

1. The intimation is put on notice only on 14-06-2016., not even a day prior to the meet.
  2. The time of the meet & venue address have not been mentioned.

Probably, the company wanted the meet to be held for a selected few. (it can be the demand of brokerage houses / analysts)

You are right. These kind of investor meets are based on request from Investor themselves.
It’s not the kind where company conducts it from it’s own side and anyone can join, like the conf. call.
Earlier these meetings went unreported, but thanks to SEBI guidelines, now companies report it to exchange.

1 Like