Cupid Ltd – Helping the world play safe!

Did anyone get an update on the court hearing?

News item about launch of women condom in india
From this news item it appears that manufacturing condom does not appear to be a competitive moat and supplier of condoms cannot enjoy pricing power for long.

1 Like

As per this news item, HLL has also got UN FPA approval for their female condom brand Velvet.

So this takes the count to 4…players who received WHO /UN FPA approval for female condoms. Link below gives the details :

https://www.myaccessrh.org/documents/10157/37547/UNFPA+Female+Condom+Prequalification+List/05feba45-4893-474a-81d4-7b61e4f68ae7

1 Like

Any updates / communication on the suspension issue ?

HLL lifecare has been around for years
Read this

AS per the update from company all the documents have submitted by the company to the BSE as per their requirement. BSE will have to take the decision regarding the same till 15th April, 2016.

2 Likes

I understand that the Delhi High court has directed the BSE to settle the issue of suspension by April 15, so one can expect an announcement from the exchange / company any time before the deadline. As the exchange is shut from April 14 to 17, one could reasonably expect Cupid to start trading again from April 18 or so.

10 Likes

i read BSE has upto 19th April …not 15th …so by 18th or 19th the ordeal should be over …duno why BSE has to take it to the wire …anyways its a matter of few days only !

2 Likes

any update on cupid?

I had called the company secretary today morning. Unfortunately he was on leave. But 5 mins back Mr. Om Garg called me back (I had left my name and number with the person who picked up the call) because the company secretary was on leave.

He said
— this relates to warrants issued in 2011. They are asking questions on things 5 years old.
— we have submitted all the information that they have asked for.
— BSE people have said our file is complete now. But they are not starting trading of the shares and not telling us why?
— Delhi High Court had said if trading does not start by April 15, 2016 then BSE has to appear in court along with Cupid on April 19, 2016. So this will happen tomorrow

Business is going on well. The company will host a conference call for all investors post announcing results in the months of May 2016. The call from the Mr. Garg has increased my confidence. It is very unfortunate what is happening with Cupid and its shareholders. Irrespective of whether stock starts trading or not, investors should do something about this.

Expecting Rs14+ EPS in FY16.

Disclosure: Invested from lower levels

6 Likes

There is a notice on BSE for change in circuit filters…one of the stocks listed is Cupid(revision from 5% to 2% effective April 20th).why would BSE change circuit filter if trading is suspended?

1 Like

Nice Initiative, Venkatesh.

The Company Director himself calling back is a good sign & helps in increasing investor confidence in the management.

It is unfortunate that the Stock Exchange had not given the company enough time to prove itself.

I am sure that the company will take the episode in a positive perspective & further enhance its corporate governance methods and maintain transparency with its investors.

Kushal, BSE revising circuit filter percentage for Cupid is a strange move indeed.

From what I can guess, it can be done to prevent extreme intra-day volatility & protect investors from large intra-day losses resulting from any news.

But, this is sure to affect the share’s liquidity on the exchange adversely.

I think, it is high time, Cupid gets listed on NSE too.

Is it a move before removing suspension from trading? Why would they bother to lower the filter otherwise?

1 Like

Yes, I guess so. BSE might be removing the suspension.

But changing the circuit filter still defies my logic.

Good work Venkatesh. It is clear from the BSE notice put up by Kushal that trading will resume on 20th April, after tomorrow’s holiday.

5 Likes

Yes. Just called BSE personnel, He confirmed trading will start from 20th April with 2% circuit.

2 Likes

Notice out on BSE, trading will resume from 20th :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Notice out…
http://www.bseindia.com/markets/MarketInfo/DispNewNoticesCirculars.aspx?page=20160418-23

Starts trading 2% upper circuit.

1 Like