Contrarian investing using technical analysis

request you to not call me sir :slight_smile:

I have read the following thread from top to bottom many times and you can find some good setups here.

Also you can read the old posts on TED. Many of our seniors post/posted there and you will find a wealth of info on technical setups.

I found the found Technical Analysis: The Complete Resource for Financial Market Technicians by Charles D. Kirkpatrick and Julie R. Dahlquist also very informative.

Also request you to go through the following post of mine :slight_smile:

Also ta can to some extent predict turning points but struggles with how far prices can go up or down. Considering thats where most of the money is made its difficult to classify ta as an investment tool.

I saw a movie called scully some weeks back and its a great analogy. Tom hanks is the pilot of a plane whose engine catches fire and he lands the plane sucessfully in the river saving everyone but the computer simulations say that he could have landed the plane safely on the airport. After a long drawn out case he proves all the computer simulations wrong. Human judgement about a company cannot be replaced with lines on a chart. They are there in case u want inputs.

Best of luck @Divyanshu_Taneja!

4 Likes