Commodity and Cyclical Plays

1 Like

Graphite prices remain high as supply-side shortages combine with growing battery and electrode demand

2 Likes

A quick Q, does the graphite produced by GI and HEG being used in the Lithium-ion battery industry?

1 Like

they both produce graphite UHP electrodes only , i think

2 Likes

No they only produce electrode for the steel industry

2 Likes

Up date on Ferro chrome in EU Market

Will that be true in this quarter in Asian Markets as well ? I don’t know … BUT Metal stocks are out of flavor … So MAy be the a value bet in long Terms @jitenp Cloud you please share your Views on this
Sector
Regards

1 Like

BHP indicates no interest in further thermal coal investment; bullish on nickel with plans to increase exploration and acquisitions to supply #EV market.

Dalian iron ore futures reach $106 - highest since 2013 launch.

A lack of mine supply growth will lead to shortages in the refined copper market both this year and next, according to the International Copper Study Group (ICSG) - deficits of 189,000 tonnes in 2019 and 250,000 tonnes in 2020.

3 Likes

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/business/cement-prices-shoot-up-by-25-in-punjab-in-two-months/758787.html

We recently did a construction project, and in the last 3 months almost 60rs price rise per bag in Haryana.

all recent results of cement co’s are also good, consistent with price rise…!

Now BJP’s coming back giving a boost to Infra & cement…!

Disc: Invested in cement basket 20% of PF.

3 Likes

1. China steel production is ramping up in 2019 and 2018 steel production was way above the long term average.

2. Steel margins have come down significantly (44% drop in margins from 2018 level). Mainly due to Iron ore pricing shooting up.

3. Huge Iron Ore Supply disruptions in 2019.

4. Positive steel margins to continue to support steel production utilisation rate same as 2018 - 83%

Source: RioTinto Investor Presentation

3 Likes

The audited financial result of Hindustan Copper Limited for FY 2018-19 was approved by its Board of Directors in a meeting held in Delhi today. The Net Profit for the financial year 2018-19 was Rs 145.74 crore with an increase of 83% over last year.

6 Likes

Anyone tracking Indo Amine ltd. Looking good fundamentally.Need to see how Chinas increasing restriction on chemical companies will help the company or not. It does import some raw material from China but thats less quantity if I am not wrong. Sales are increasing and merger of core chemicals and key organics (Its subsidary) and also enhancing the capacity ensures some revenue visibility if all goes right. I feel it has a good upside potential with decent margin of safety. @jitenp sir your views are welcome on this company and chemical sector in general.

1 Like

Telecom may be bottom in cycle.only 3 player are left. Prices of data plan are at bottom. Big player reliance Jio can increase price which follow by airtel and Vodafone. All weak players are going default. Market share are divided in this player.
View invited.
@jitenp
Regards
Amit
Disc:- Holding tracking position on IDEA

2 Likes

Import of RM from China is less than 10%.

Do read latest concall.

1 Like

Yes. Telecom is one space where one should keep an eye on. I believe this is last year of these low tariffs.

One should also closely watch 5G auctions in October this year. If bids are high, then one should be wary.

1 Like

How to invest in IG Petro n Thirumalai?
Triggers for them. IG Petro expanding capacity

1 Like

@jitenp ji could you share your views on copper stocks .It seems that this is out of flavour stocks Hind copper . The stocks is corrected a lot …
https://www.screener.in/company/HINDCOPPER/

2 Likes

can anyone on this forum please share the outlook on steel prices for 2019 & 2020. will there be volatility in prices going forward or prices should be more or less stable?

This is from CLSA and CS on steel

CLSA On Steel
Prices Under Pressure, Risk To Earnings & Steep Vals
Expect Ore Prices To Peak In Q3CY19 & Ease Materially Over Q4CY19 & q1cy20
Rising Ore Prices Should Weaken Cost Support Hopes
See Downside Risk To Est.

CS on Steel
With sharp surge in iron-ore prices, Chinese smelting spreads now below long-term “floor”
While prices corrected of late (seasonal), expect cost-push & supply discipline to support prices
Despite weakening global spreads, Indian spreads stable

1 Like

As mentioned before, I have taken exit from Copper sector quiet sometime back. Currently, not tracking it closely enough to comment.

1 Like

Both ferro chrome companies have corrected significantly. Fe chrome prices have gone to 61000 from 80000 few quarters back.

Can any senior help with understanding the scenario now for both these companies.

@jitenp could you pls share your view on this sector.

Thanks
Disc. Tracking fe chrome companies