Commodity and Cyclical Plays

cannot download the pdf

Ferro chrome sector stocks have been on a good spree offlate . The prices have increased from 70k per tonne to 100000 per tonne in last qtr. Also the results have been coming very good from sept qtr ownwards. Have you been tracking this and what’s your view on timeframe of this sector . Thanks

I actually missed the ferrochrome stocks. And they have runup quiet a bit. IMFA and Balasore are major beneficiaries. Balasore, I had liked but passed due to management.

2 Likes

I have allocated 20% of my pf in balasore last month . Still you can look at it , 9 mths EPS stands at 6 rs , adding another 4 rs for q4 will give 10rs annual so price of 64 is still cheap in my view . Plus there is also a recent acquisition which can add to the top and bottom line which I haven’t counted in above calculations . My views can be biased as already invested

@jitenp bro - Good post. Yes, we need to keep track of sectoral fundamentals, though it might be difficult tracking sectors during downturns and consolidation. Here, good triggers can be on technical chart for the sector, which can give some indication to take deeper sectoral look.

The increase in FeCr spot prices came after long term pricing for Q3 had been finalised and is only partly reflected in the quarterly results. Subsequently, the benchmark price for the ongoing fourth quarter went up by 55 cents (50%) to 165 cents which will add substantially to the topline & bottomline

But guys how and from where do you monitor the prices of various cyclicals like chemicals, metals and othe commodities etc ?

any good websites ?

Any updates on natural rubber prices. Rubber prices are roaring. Pls provide some observations on natural rubber futures

You can look at http://www.indexmundi.com. It contains lots of commodity charts/info. You can also track these on MCX/NCDEX

Cosmos result doesn’t reflect the added capacity…right? what is your view on the quarter result?

@sajijohn
from company’s below filing on 02-feb may give your question’s answer

Capacity cam online in first week of Feb, so obviously it’s not going to contribute in q3. I expect contribution from q4 partially. Full impact from q1 next fiscal.

@Mridul : Thanks for the URL. However It doesnt mention about Ferro Metals ( Ferro Silicon, Ferro Menganese and Silico Manganese) … and all websites which show price for them are paid ones… do you know any other source to monitor Ferro metal Prices

Of course - Check Commodities | SteelMint

1 Like

But this too is giving 14 day trial only ( though shows one price atleast for free) … maybe I can try with this for now … Thanks :slight_smile:

One price is what matters for us i.e. ex-jajpur. and that’s free.

Results as expected were weak. Maybe subdued in Q4 too unless they get big orders in new plant.

Uflex, Jindal poly and Cosmo films charts are showing breakouts. Is there any sector specific tailwinds?

During Q3 FY 16-17, the company was under installation of its new line (largest in India with a capacity of 60,000 TPA). Given that new line is installed at the existing site, shut-downs had to be taken on existing lines which caused a volume drop. The demonetisation too has impacted the company adversely both on volumes and margins. The said two factors have caused a volume drop of 6%.

Regarding new orders, there is always a lag between capacity installation and getting orders. You are right that we may see a subdued q4, but prospects are bright if we take medium term horizon imho.

Yes. mid-term prospects are good. One can hold.