Canfin homes ltd

Hi, Those are credited sometimes in March. Please check your dmat account. I have got my refund also during that time.

It was credited after 2 weeks for me. To be precise, March 13th

Please contact Karvy or CS.
You should have had it credited with the month of the rights closure.

Thanks a lot Pankaj and Vishnu :smile: .

I checked my Holdings and the additional shares are credited. But they are not present in my Trading Account. Will need to take it up with my Trading Acct. Service Provider then.

I am planning to attend AGM on 8th July.
What is the process to get entry? Do i need to fill any form or I can directly walk in?

There is an attendance slip given in page 14 here -http://www.canfinhomes.com/Announcements/150615160849_Notice%20of%2028th%20Annual%20General%20Meeting%20of%20the%20Company.pdf

You need to carry this with you. They are doing this on a weekday morning.

Iā€™m also thinking of attending. But if it starts at 11 AM, when will it end? Any idea?
Iā€™m thinking of doing Work from Home as Jayanagar is near to my place. :grinning:

Could anybody make it to AGM finally ? will be grateful for any updates if any ?

Tks
Santosh

pretty good set of numbers:

revenue up 38%
Profit from ordinary activites, before finance costs up 37%;
Net profit up 69%, mainly on account of lower finance costs which were up by 29%.

1 Like

Fantastic set of numbers, a beat on guidance on loan book, NII, NPA, cost of funds and all parameters
This looks really good from medium term perspective

Would request @hitesh2710 bhai comments

HFC continues to rock with their growth momentum despite Ambit reports :smile:
This year all four Quarter numbers will be great due to DTL getting neutralised.

Cheers
Santosh

1 Like

one of the best results in HFC sector
http://corporates.bseindia.com/xml-data/corpfiling/AttachLive/DF4265A5_6992_43F9_8A0A_9DB9272144BC_150830.pdf

1 Like

Fantastic numbers from Canfin.

Much better than I had expected.

It continues to grow fastest among the HFCs.

And management promises of 30-35% plus loan book growth with improvement in margin due to lower funding costs are materialising.

6 Likes

Very impressive. After rights issue, finances have started improving, good sign. This has a long way to go. Has been top holding in my PF. The other day, I suggested a broker of mine to buy some shares of CanFin and forget about her daughters education, his kid is just 5.

2 Likes

Disclosure: I am invested.

Here are my ā€œfirst cutā€ observations pending the release of Canfinā€™s quarterly presentation which should have a lot more granularity.

a. Net Total Income (Net Interest Income + Other Income) is up 65% to Rs. 69.8 crores. This partly reflects the lower increase in finance costs on account of the QIP

b. Operating expenses up 47% to Rs. 16.6 crores. So Cost to Income has declined to 24% from 27% a year ago. If this sustains then it means that operating leverage from the aggressive branch expansion is beginning to play out

c. Therefore, pre-provision income is up 71% to Rs. 53.1 crores

d. Provisions were up 25% to Rs. 2.5 crores, a small amount in absolute terms as well. Hopefully the provision coverage ratio is 100%

e. Therefore PBT is up 74% to Rs. 50.6 crores

f. Tax is up 84% to Rs. 18.6 crores. While the P&L shows deferred taxation of Rs. 2.66 crores, the notes to the accounts mention Rs. 3.4 crores. In any event the tax rate is high at 37% on account of the DTL. This DTL is amortizable in the ratio 25:25:50 over FY15-17, and so one can do the calculation to treat it as a non-recurring item from FY2018 onwards. Or one can look at PBT growth as the more relevant y-o-y characteristic as DTL charges might vary quarterly as well

g. On account of higher tax, PAT is up 69% to Rs. 32.1 crores (PBT up 74%)

h. Typically, 1Q is a soft quarter in terms of its contribution towards the entire fiscal. In the case of Indiabulls Housing Finance, last year 1QFY15 PAT was 22% of full year PAT. In the case of Canfin, however, there is also a PAT tailwind from the QIP which will gradually reduce. Nonetheless, if one assumes 1QFY16 to be 22%-25% of full year PAT, then full year PAT could be Rs. 128-145 crore (EPS Rs. 48 - Rs. 55). This of course assumes that none of the operating leverage, asset quality metrics or tax rates deteriorate.

Disclosure: I am invested.

9 Likes

Thanks Ranjeet Sibia for the dissection of the Qurterly results of CFH. I have shared these details on MMB Forum as well for the benefit of other investors. I hope that is ok with you.

One more question, Considering Full year PAT as Rs. 128-145 crore (EPS Rs. 48 - Rs. 55), Conservatively, What should be the stock price?

Disclosure: I have a good amount of Can Fin Homes at the average price of Rs 401. Hope to see a great journey with this gem!!!

Thanks again and Happy investing!!!

Donā€™t mistake me for saying this. you seem to be a long term investor with significant allocation. We dissect everything in this forum but stay away from price predictions since mr.market is always unpredictable. We can take a pot shot at it from both P/BV and EPS methodā€¦either case, I feel we have a long run ahead.
PS - this is not a buy/sell reco. pl do your due diligence. invested and hence views may be biased

Can fin added the 2015-Q1 Presentation on their website
http://canfinhomes.com/Can%20Fin%20Homes%20-%2030-06-15.pdf

2 Likes

canfin has formed an inverted head and shoulders pattern as shown in attached chart. target could be 900 plus if pattern does play out. disc: invested since long time.

6 Likes

Q1 Presentation Link has been updated.
http://canfinhomes.com/Can%20Fin%20Homes%2030%2006%2015.pdf

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/banking/canara-bank-to-increase-stake-in-can-fin-homes-by-up-to-5-each-year/article7508552.ece ā€“ Canara bank plans to increase stake in can fin homes.

2 Likes

In general I think its good news, shows confidence of the promoter in its future. I donā€™t know how will they do it, I mean 5% increase every year? I might sound naive but will they buy from market? offer rights?? or what? and how it will affect minority share holders like us?

Thanks-Mahesh