Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

Your indomitable spirit of focus towards a subject is clearly visible and praise worthy. Possibly you will be able to attend a deliberate practice much earlier. Good luck for same. Taking cue out of your spirit, I am impressing you towards an interesting subject.

For most of speculators (traders and hedge fund custodian in modern world), he is the thumb rule. All of them worshiped him and are doing for 100 years plus. Whether stop loss, pyramid or pivot point nothing could have been possible without him. He made the President and biggest financier of world to fold hands and request not to short sell further. He made US to create SEC and Federal Reserve Board. He made so much money so quickly that it made even Rothschild look average. I hope this much introduction should excite you further, yes he is Jesse Livermore.

Unfortunately his personal life was marred with so much controversies he was not a role model for many. More so when you are responsible for 3 market crash including the greatest crash and economic depression. But the wisdom he left behind has never been achieved. If there is a stock market god then that is him.

Now specific, here is the link to book:

This is not the original edition, that one is out of print including publisher. In the book you will find few pages of working paper (hand written text of JL). Now please don’t take this working paper lightly. This working paper and the book overall is responsible:

1. It influenced 59 greatest stock wizards so much there is no single divergence as to who is greatest stock trader of world.
  2. A secret behind how someone can make 650% in a week, so much money that some one came back rich right from 2nd bankruptcy in 4 months.
  3. A method that made someone short sold 25% of NYSE, in today’s equivalent 4 to 5 trillion dollars. Twice the GDP of our country.
  4. A recipe to pyramid so much that it forced US government not once but thrice to fold hands for mercy to an individual.

Many tried to identify what is the pattern or concept he is talking about. Some of his text were decoded by others. But his concept of pattern in working paper and pivot point still is a mystery for many. Many tried, very few takers to believe as mostly didn’t work.

I rest my case here for you and others to take it forward.

Please feel free to ask your questions, if I don’t reply here kindly shoot a mail to suvendurath@yahoo.com. I am away for 2 weeks to spend time with my father about stock market and investing. That’s my ongoing assignment.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot sir @The_Confused_Consult thats the least i can say as an appreciation…

My interest in stock markets dosent come from greed of money , atleast not entirely and not at all primarily , i am well compensated in my professional life, but rather i am interested to do a good business and technical analysis in future, this is just a start and baby steps… I am happy i have oppertunity to interact with lots of knowledgable people here in valuepicker including you!
I have noted you mail id, will get back to u on your address, thank you again…

Aluminium Futures
@Capsule91
Here is long term weekly chart of US Aluminium Futures. Does it interest you? What will be your projection for futures price trends?

1 Like

Ajmera Realty formed Bullish Bat and now reversing from the Potential Reversal Zone.

1 Like

Aksh Optifibre trending in AB=CD pattern channel in the weekly chart. Look how beautiful this is.
First AB=CD pattern.

Followed by another AB=CD pattern.

Followed by one more

Here’s the AB=CD pattern channel.

Can it make one more AB=CD pattern and continue in the channel? We’ll see.

1 Like

Aluminium Futures…

On a short term downtrend to take short term support on 1950-2030 (PRZ calculation on a bullish bat on daily chart, also compounded by a bearish alt.AB=CD at the top)
The prz limits from the bullish bat coincides with the ichimoku cloud patterns in the weekly chart, so seems the price action is going to reflect from the cloud upwards, starting a new trend…
On the weekly charts a Bearish ABCD has marked the PRZ limit at 3.618BC from which resistance has been received and the current downtrend has been started…
After this ABCD was completed the price was indeed going up but is maintaining a price momentum divergence…

To sum up, a short term downtrend to reflect up from the ichimoku clouds (1950-2030 price zone of support) is most likely…

Reference worksheet…
1.Bearish 1.618AB=CD in action producing a price momentum divergence

2.Bullish bat and bearish alt.AB=CD in action

3.Ichimoku clouds(weekly chart) and PRZ from the bat(daily chart) merged…

@Agarwala post you analysis too…

great price action!!

Interested to enter soon

@PE_Ratio and @Agarwala have a look a downward pennant breakout fail due to low volume breakout…

@Capsule91 It doesn’t look like symmetrical triangle. It was making higher lows - that is fine. But at the same time, it was making lower lows as well (which basically is a downtrend). Symmetrical triangle should have formed higher lows. i.e. the upper trend line should be descending. And the lower trend line should be ascending. But here in this chart, both are descending, which is nothing but downtrend.

I am sorry, its not a symmetrical triangke its a downward pennant…!
Pg 230, fig 15, hm gartley

The reverse of this is upward pennant…

Yes, that sure looks like flag/pennant.

Kridhan infra… (Daily chart)
Bullish alternate 0.618AB=CD pattern wih prz between 97-110 with excellent reversal…

Disclaimer, invested

Ptc india

Cup and handle vs Bearish AB=CD…
Interesting to watch…
The PRZ was religiously held, but the prz activity also formed the handle of the cup , in daily charts which looks like a head and shoulder with classical volume changes…

The ichimoku cloud breakout got caught on the PRZ and reversal is happening…

Disclaimer… /invested

1 Like

KAlyani steel…

1.27AB=CD bearish pattern PRZ respected

I dont know about the fundamentals of this stock but such a huge upmove dosent validate the basic cup structure to the naked eye…
But wait, the basic theory is after the right upslope happens , a jerk off movement happens when all the noncommital players change hands to sturdy hands, and the handle forms, which seems likely will form now, But as the momentum breakout started within the cup , these cups become less powerful drivers, still see what happens…
There is a harmonic pattern too and its a bearish alternate ABCD…
So there will be a down turn only when the PRZ zone breaks(potential reversal zone) that is the lower red line…And if this one breaks its likely the cup and handle breakout may not work, if the price remains within the PRZ or takes support on the 1.618BC line, a cup and handle breakout is more likely…

So this is a decision point… 2.618AB breakout will be a true breakout point for cupa nd handle to work, likely 1.618BC break out means the ABCD bearishness will work and cup and handle will fail… These are likely options, Will be interesting to watch, thanks fpr the pattern…

Here is my worksheet

Disclaimer… not invested, not a buy, sell, hold recommendation

TATA POWER

This scrip is following back to back 2 perfect AB=CD pattern…
I am considering the latest one…

Disclaimer… Invested, largest holding of portfolio at present…

This is a short term trend technical analysis…

A fine equivalent bullish AB=CD pattern …
Here is my worksheet…

Disclaimer, invested and bottom fishing for some trading quantity

1 Like

Bls internation…

A massive bullish bat completed and price in prz…

Disclaimer… Invested

ASHOKE LEYLAND AGAIN…

bearish AB=CD , price at prz…

Disclaimer… not invested, just watching

Why didn’t you take the low made on 7/8th Dec 2017 for B?