Bull therapy 101-thread for technical analysis with the fundamentals

One of the most decorated patterns in the chart is Cup and handle pattern, we all know that…

This thread serves as a discovery tool for such scrips exhibiting a cup and handle pattern and other breakout patterns or continuation or reversal patterns at present…

Also patterns in the charts do not follow a textbook always, so there might be patterns which may be likely to be so, but time will tell…
All such cases can be posted, and all can evaluate later …

I request all members of valuepicker family to contribute in mutual discovery as and when one comes across such a pattern…
Historic examples of such continuation breakout or reversal is alsi welcome for study…
For knowledge about this pattern the following link can be accessed as i personally found it very useful…
Certain textbooks like Harmonic trading by Carney, how to make profits in stock by William J O’Neil for cup and handle and other patterns are recommended, also Profits in stock market by HM gartley …

All the best for mutual discovery…

I will start with my personal contribution…

disclaimer… the thread does not have any intention to give recommendation for a buy , sell or hold on any scrips and users are instructed to follow own analysis for any decision making for any scrips which one might be interested in post inspiration from this thread…
Any posts which carry even a hint of such a recommendation will be flagged immediately…

30 Likes

Here are the following cup and handle patterns i am tracking…

1.VIRINCHI (monthly)

disc… not invested, tracking

BHARAT FORGE (monthly)

Doubtful pattern but sometimes handle dosent form well and shoots up (citation needed)…
Disclaimer… not invested, tracking

1 Like

PTC india (weekly)

Disclaimer… invested

1 Like

HIMALYA INTERNATIONAL (weekly)

Disclaimer… not invested, tracking

KRIDHAN INFRA (weekly)

Disclaimer…Invested, 2nd largest holding

1 Like

WIPRO (weekly)

A classical cup and handle has formed but the handle contains a suspicious weak head and shoulder pattern in formation…

Will be interesting to observe the action…

Disclaimer… Not interested, not invested

1 Like

AJMERA REALTY (monthly)

Disclaimer… Invested

2 Likes

SREI INFRA… (monthly)

This one is controversial , there was a very short cup and hold with classical feature, but still i believe this is a cup within a cup as the longer cup has all the volume requirements, although the pathway of the longer cup is very volatile …But such volatility inside the cup can be discounted if volume requirements are met…
Please check investopedia for similar confusions but turned out to be a true cup and hold with break out…

Disclaimer…Interested, looking for entry point

1 Like

SANKHYA INFOTECH
This is a old pattern , but has classical features of cup and handle , although there ws a double bottom which may have also resonated the bull trigger…

But the purpose is to demonstrate the cup may not always be smooth, it can have a volatile base, but if volumes do form a cup , then it qualifies…
This is a justification to srei controversial cup (longer one)

Well, the bullish takeover is just a sight to see here…

Also note here was also a cup within a cup pattern like srei, and the smaller cup was classical, with a volatile base but classical volume changes

disclaimer… not invested, in watchlist

2 Likes

BATA INDIA (weekly)

well this might be a misnomer if called a classical cup and handle pattern, as although looks like one, but has a severly volatile base, also volumes have not dried up at the base plus there is a inverse head and shoulder pattern inside the cup which might have formed the right side of the cup curve…
Still the inverse head and shoulder didnt have the characteristic volume changes but trigger the uprun…
will be interesting to monitor …

Disclaimer… not invested, not interested

KRITI NUTRIENTS

a shallow cup has formed with classical volume changes, the handle is yet to form…
I read somewhere, a shallower prolonged cup is actually very strong…

Disclaimer…interested, watching, not invested

1 Like

KAMATH HOTELS INDIA (monthly)

Very doubtful pattern , but as volume gives a comfortable cup pattern, specially during the intra cup volatility there was hardly any volume pick up…
Still, definitely worth a watch as to how it plays out, just for learning…

Disclaimer… not invested nor interested

NOCIL…

disclaimer… not invested

TECH MAHINDRA (monthly)

This i believe is a cup and handle pattern in formation, just added chaikin money flow to confirm the ongoing cup

Disclaimer… interested and watching for long term

MINDTREE (weekly)

Another pattern but volume changes are not typicsl, plus there is a intracup double bottom which has contributed to the right cup curve, lets see hoe the pattern plays out…

Disclaimer… Not interested nor invested

Thomas cook (weekly)

Another atypical pattern to be tested with time…
The base volumes didnt dry up also there was a spike in both price and volume …
But overall average volume showed a cup…

So worth noting the outcome…

Disclaimer… Not invested or interested

1 Like

Many of patterns are not ideal cup n handle patterns. Need to get this scrutinized by some of expert technical guys. I have opened up this thread for feedbacks from technical experts.

2 Likes

Regarding NOCIL, it does not look like an ideal pattern. Cup is too much slanting. Also the handle is pointing upwards which should be otherwise. Volume during cup formation should die down and should jump during breakout. Let us have your views.

1 Like

@Capsule91

Thanks for all these cup and handle patterns. If we can marry fundamentals with these kind of patterns satisfactorily, the outcome can be great.

rgds
hitesh.

9 Likes