Anand R - Portfolio Review

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! On allocation, it is more of magic of compounding :smile: - of course there is this conviction that I can continue to hold hoping for past spectacular performance to repeat. All small allocation (except Maruti where I went overweight to make quick buck but ended up being bad call) is my last 10 months work wherein higher weightages are ones which have grown over last 5 years.

Both Wonderla and Shemaroo face headwinds but I expect both businesses bounce back - Yes, am tracking them both. Mahindra Holidays allocation is more of tracking position, haven’t developed conviction.

Stock Idea: Alpha Ideas 20-20: Here’s Why Maximal Capital’s Sarvesh Gupta Bets On Shemaroo Entertainment - This actually led to my Shemaroo discovery.

Wonderla Holdiays

Mahindra Holidays

True, CRISIL is a good co. too but my rationale was CRISIL itself holds ~8 % stake in CARE and is not pure-play ratings. I zeroed down on CARE based on this report however many things have changed since https://simplehai.axisdirect.in/app/index.php/insights/reports/downloadReport/file/Credit+Rating+Agencies+-+Sector+Report+-+Axis+Direct+-+22012018_22-01-2018_14.pdf/type/sector

Point, keeping an eye on HDFC and hopefully will add to portfolio soon too. Been holding Max for 5+ years and given decent growth so don’t see reasons to sell.

Valuation. :slight_smile: Will accumulate in dips. Same, with Titan too.

Basically mid cap with lot of room for growth compared to HDFC, again tracking position - reading more before I take the plunge. Tracking position helps me commit to follow and research, more like a token
advance.

Pharma is turning out to be small. Also, they no longer hold Shriram and hence am taking direct position. - Piramal sells entire 10% stake in Shriram Transport for ₹2,300 crore | Mint