Aimco Pesticides - Growing & Debt-Free Agrochemicals

Haha. Yes. That would be excellent.

I did want to ask you, how did you collect this data. Is it purely indoor research or is there some scuttlebut involved?

I will also go through the reports and come back to you with some questions that you might have answers to with the in depth research you have done.

Best.

Not sure i followed.What data you mean?..

can someone dig into the potential that bio-nutrients and micro-nutrient sector might have w.r.t “exports” ?

1 Like

Good Analysis
But this company is under BIFR and they have not made any significant achievement in this regard, Your Views

They have already made significant progress. They are back in black, growing, have positive networth and most importantly the reserves are now positive. they are as good as out of BIFR. the only reason behind this being in BIFR “officially” is that they have still not got a hearing in the tribunal. As soon as that happens, they would be out.

A copy of the hearing held on 24.10 .2016 regarding BIFR status of Aimco

11_2013_24102016_43.pdf (14.4 KB)

2 Likes

From where you get this document?

What happened in the hearing of 19.12.2016?

I don’t know. I don’t have the details of that hearing

these documents are publicly available.

you can talk to the company but not sure they will disclose it. You can come to know once its uploaded at the bifr site, just like this document. First of all try to find out if the hearing indeed happened or not.

Dear j2eeprofessional and Mmaurya,

This is something I found in the Q3 results notes section

Not sure if it is useful but thought of sharing it just in case it would help in any possible way.

Thanks,
Krishna

1 Like

i think its a wrong path that this discussion is going. BIFR is history. its networth is positive, dues settled and reserves positive. it has no business to remain in BIFR, and coming out of it is mere formality right now. What we should check is how big this business can grow.

3 Likes

@kkrai

BIFR was regulation governing sick companies in India which was implemnted in late eighties. Subsequently, in May 2016, GOI repeal BIFR Act (through SICA) and implemented new Insolvancy Code by name Insolvancy and Bankrupcy Code,2016.

Had this change would not have happen, the company post resucturing under BIFR scheme, would have shown Positive netwroth and would have sought permission from BIFR to exit. Now since the last order of BIFR attached in previous message on thread give indication that the company networth of the company turned positive and it was looking at BIFR exit, with Repeal of SICA act, the company has anyway came out of BIFR with positive networth.

Under new insolvancy regime, three parties, whether operational creditor, financial creditor (secured/unsecured) and shareholders of the company can apply for insolvancy. The code provide for standstill period of 6 months once the NCLT addmit the case to insolvancy. The new insolvancy professional would take over management of the company from board of directors and run the business and work under direction of creditor for revival plan. In case remedial plan is not successfully implemented or Creditor are looking at to liquidate the company, the company would go under liquidation. Anyway, as per code if the company is not revived in 180 days from reference, it would be subject to liquidation.

In view of above, in my opinion AIMCO would not be referring to NCLT and also with repeal of SICA, the company is out of BIFR with positive net worth.

For more information on Insolvency Code refer to
http://www.ibbi.gov.in/law.php?tab=act

Find enclosed excellent presentation about timeline and key issue in new Insolvency code:

Disclaimer: While I am insolvency professional registered with IBBI, I am still not legal expert and hence please do proper legal due diligence before making any investment decision.

17 Likes

Thank you Dhiraj for your insightful and detailed explanation of what was the rule of the land for the sick companies before December 2016, what changed recently through Insolvancy and Bankruptcy Code 2016, and finally & most importantly what if any impact it might have on company’s decision to further pursue on this aspect.

Hello J2EE Professional. I liked the fact that you started this thread. You have done whole lot of ground work and it is nicely reflected in the first post. My intent is absolutely not to divert discussion. Contrary to that I wanted to highlight the last sentence in the notice that company itself is having second thoughts on pursuing on the BIFR related case and given that it would be best to leave this discussion aside.

Thanks,
Krishna

Has anyone done more research on this stock? This looks to be a great story and the discussions here has taken a very worrying turn instead of focusing on the stock. Let’s give the guy credit for doing initial research and providing us a good story to track.

3 Likes

Any idea why the company is not paying any taxes even after showing TTM profit of 6.05 Crores ?

I think when company is under bifr it is exempted to pay tax

The de-growth or irregular growth seen in revenues during the quarter is purely on account of Brazil impact?

i believe you mean the previous few quarters - yes, most of it as i am told. I keep writing to the CS (which gets replied after a lot of follow-up), but i think its good if all of us write our doubts to the company so that the increased shareholder focus will make them more responsive.

2 Likes