Accelya Kale Solutions-Niche & Sticky Business

I really don’t know how this company operates. I’m waiting since one week for reply of my email and there is still no response.
Even after several phone calls, different people are giving different responses.
Some guy said they are looking into the issue and reply within the same day. Next call, some women picks up and says that they haven’t opened their email for a while.
I mean, investors relations team has only one job and they can’t do that work properly. It doesn’t look very professional.
Any advice on this? I’m seriously considering a SEBI complaint against them.

You should reach out to the registrar. I did a quick look-up - Karvy is the registrar for Accelya. You should find their contact details in the annual report. They should be able to sort this out.

That is surprising. I emailed them about 15 days back. They replied within
a day.

I have written short summary note Accelya Kale’s FY17 Annual Report.
I hope this will be helpful to you.

PS: Please find the attachment.ACCELYA KALE SOLUTION AR 2017 KEY HIGHLIGHTS.pdf (600.8 KB)

Thanks & regards,
Rushin Shah

4 Likes

“I think the variation in earnings has something to do with their adoption of Ind AS for the first time.”

Accounting standards also require that whenever there is any change, the comparative previous year’s figures are also re-stated, so that there is an apple-to-apple comparison.

Can anybody help in understanding if the results include Mercator’s sales/profits? Which begs the question, would Accelya gain anything on its books from the common promoter?

I do not think Accelya (which merged with Mercator) is a listed entity. Accelya Kale (where Accelya acquired India listed Kale Consultants) is a listed entity. So I do not think Mercator’s sales/profits will get included in Accelya Kale’s financial statements.

@_rushinshah, a good write-up. Any chance of including the risks for investors in the write-up?

Hey, sorry for the delayed response.

Key risks are:

• Any headwinds during the integration between Accelya and Mercator.
  • High client concentration.
  • Rupee appreciation versus major currencies could dent its margins.
  • Revenue and margins could be lumpy from quarter to quarter.

What about oil prices? As I understand, majority of Accelya Kale customers are LCCs, and their operations should highly depend on oil prices. A high oil price can dent their survival capabilities (or may reduce number of routes they serve) and may impact Accelya-Kale revenues. Thoughts?

1 Like

Technically Kale looks very interesting with break of one year consolidating triangle.

Growth for last 3 years is worst than large cap IT services.

Press Release - “Our Performance this year will be impacted by the loss of a key customer Air Berlin, as the airline has filed for bankruptcy. The consolidation of our Revenue Accounting portfolio is nearing completion and the planned release of our solution is on target. We are happy to announce an interim dividend of Rs. 14 per share.”

Berkshire of software

An investor in america inspired by WB explaining his investment style in software businesses which tend to be extremely sticky as a person/company would hardly change the software but keep paying for upgrades and renewals happily.
Accelya seems one of the lot!
Can we also find any other IT companoes which come to mind ?

1 Like

Oracle Financial Services Software is another such candidate. I heard this podcast as well few days back, interesting thought.

Dear All,

I hold Accelya Kale and been trying to get some answers from company which I am still awaiting. Thought of posting here to explore if anyone can help with these

am a shareholder of Accelya Kale. I hold shares in my own account as well as that of family and friends.

I was wondering if you can help me understand following with respect to our business -

1. With both Accelya Kale and Accelya Group + Mercator having software development capabilities, how are the decisions made with respect to new software and services to be offered by Accelya to their clients. To be more specific, if the group decides to develop a new software “ABC”, how will it be decided that Accelya Kale develops the same and gets to book the revenues or the parent group does the same ?

I am trying to understand how the interest of Accelya Kale would be taken care of ?

1. I have come across a company “Yieldr” offering data analytics to improve sales for airlines and some of our customer airlines have been using their solution. This looked like a very interesting offering. Do we have a product offering to compete with their offering ?

Thank you for your kind help.

Hi,

Did you get any reply to these questions?

Post the merger of Accelya with Mercator, these questions are vital. The current yield is 4.5% but one needs to figure out how Accelya Kale is placed in the combined entity. I don’t find this information anywhere in their AR or quarterly reports.
Anyone still tracking this company?

Thanks

1 Like

When I last checked with company official (around 6 months back), they told that merger integration of product is in process and ultimately product of Accelya will remain and IP will remain with listed entity. They gave timeline of 1 year for the same.

1 Like

why would they transfer customers for which PE owns 100% to Accelya. Plus why there is no royalty for using Accelya brand.

Also if do you have idea on why revenues are not increasing with transactions. I guess they charge per transaction. Amadeus chagres per transaction dollar amount which keeps increasing. Any light on business model and revenue currency will help

What could be the reason for stock sliding to 52 week low…can anyone pls throw light on, business wise what is changing

My opinion based on my limited knowledge on the company & investing as well:

1. airline companies are bleeding due to high oil prices; chances of airlines going bankrupt are high causing uncertainty in growth in short term.
  2. price had run up pricing in growth expected due to merger with Mercator and change in ownership. Since, growth has been lacklustre in last 2-3 yrs, investors might have been moving out in these troubled times for airlines.
  3. lack of communication from management to investors regarding growth potential, long term plans etc, which makes things difficult for small investors.

Disc: invested recently @1100; small allocation;
Another 10-15% correction would increase margin of satety substantially.

2 Likes