About the My Top 5 Picks category

Want to draw attention to what you are working on currently? Want to get more folks to collaborate, but cant bother with elaborate write-ups?

Name your Top 5 picks - with brief 1 para write-ups here.
The Logic must be made clear - High Conviction, High Undervaluation, Sectoral Tailwind, Others

Many Times these can serve as a good summary check across our most prolific stock pickers.
Don’t forget to check out HitStocks! and you will be amazed to see the genesis of how simply he latched on to Ajanta!

Something i have bought recently. Have looked at them closely and found these companies at decent valuations. Brief logic is explained

Kolte Patil Developers: Real Estate company, but very sound financials like almost zero debt, Crisil rated, Deloitte CA, run by professional management, clean name in market, timely delivery, did sales of 700 cr apporx in 3 days during there nest fest festival, If you go through there investor’s presentation as per it there sales will grow 200% by 2017 from current levels, Asset light model of JV & redevelopment. Operating in Pune mainly also present in Mumbai & Banglore

Engineers India: PSU Navratna, Should benefit big time from Infra spending by govt, very high ROE & ROCE in the past and not bad even currently, also hefty margins since its in consulting business. There turnkey projects verticals have been a drag but not they trying to focus more on consulting.

Still working on smaller cap stocks but looking at there free float and low liquidity dont know if can allocate a decent amount.

Both are High Conviction bets. Not finding much value so just 2 names which i find good potential

Manish

1 Like

My top picks:
1.AJANTA PHARMA
2.PIDILITE
3.DABUR
4.SHILPA MED
5.KITEX

Pidilite - High conviction, Moat, highly ethical management

Dabur - High conviction, Consumption story of India with 130 crores population and still going, early penetration into rural area, low crude oil price, brand values

Other three (AJANTA/SHILPA/KITEX) are well discussed in VP. Conviction level is high.