Adding in a few more details from what I have understood about this company till now and trying to map it in my own crude way with the business quality framework suggested by Donald and team:
- A company which offers services based on cloud platform. It is also diversifying its portfolio based on it cloud expertise to mobile services, identity management, server management etc.
- Expertise and tons of experience on cloud makes it a niche player.
- Access to businesses which need cloud and hence it is doing backward as well as forward integration across the cloud business value chain.
- Access to and partnership with most large cloud providers.
- Recent buyouts in healthcare area could help with Obamacare gaining momentum.
What Can Go Wrong?
- There are many other companies in the market which "could" offer "similar" services and hence the differentiation could be lost. All Indian IT companies can offer such services, though 8k miles will invariably beat them in quality and efficiency.
- Cloud services, at this point in time are more in demand from small SMEs\MSMEs and hence predictability of earnings is suspect. In terms of business development, this approach is diametrically opposite to how large Indian IT companies gain money by "partnering" with larger corporates.
- With my limited understanding of their solutions, I believe that they don't have any specific products that they sell yet and they are still primarily a services provider.
- Niche services in cloud healthcare space
- Cloud is a service model in which the client is completely dependent on the cloud provider and hence as an extension on the service provider for cloud too.
This is based on my limited understanding, Will keep adding as I gather more details.
Some questions I haven't found an answer to yet:
- Do they earn by providing services - the usual time and material or fixed bid models, or do they get a share of the profits of the business? Or do they charge based on transactions?
- How long have they been serving their oldest client?
- How well are they able to mine a client?